ArLyne's Diamonds

A running commentary of ideas

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Conflict Resolution


My ability to interview and develop trust has enabled me to find out where the real problems lie and to help troubled employees and managers find solutions.  Not only do I teach conflict resolution – I actually go in and interview, investigate, and work with people to implement solutions.

My book:  Reducing Conflict in the Workplace offers solutions to workplace related problems.
As you can imagine, this work started during the years when I was a therapist and forensic evaluator.  I worked with parents going through divorce fighting for custody and visitation.  I was one of the first (if not the first) local professionals to change the fight into a mediated settlement.


I really believe most disputes can be mediated – and by that I mean, the professional mediator working WITH the clients to help them reach a solution that satisfies them.  Too many mediators actually act as conciliators or arbitrators – which is not the same thing at all.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home