I’d like to offer some tips to those new at leadership and management.
· Define the elements of the project
and assign responsibility to those best able to manage and execute those
· Once assigning a task to someone –
let them handle it. They should be
accountable to you, but you should not rush in to micro-manage or to give
others pieces of the project.
· Respect the chain of command you have
· Let the project manager create
his/her own team (committee) and manage them.
· Help clarify team (committee) goals
and deadlines – hold people accountable.
· Always give positive recognition.
Labels: project management