ArLyne's Diamonds

A running commentary of ideas

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Leading for Creativit


Last month I tempted you by offering the opening remarks I made in my speech about managing for creativity.  Let me add, that this talk – and the work I do in this area – comes partially from the research I did with 50 C level executives asking them how they managed for creativity. 

We create processes to allow for experimentation and new ideas.  We reward innovation in processes, interpersonal relationships, and product development.  We create freedom and trust enabling people to try without fear of ridicule.


All too often our systems demand conformity “this is the way we do it because this is the way we’ve always done it” or “it’s tradition” and preclude new ideas.  We work together to stretch the box (as in “thinking outside the box”.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home