ArLyne's Diamonds

A running commentary of ideas

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Without an I there is no team

Have you heard the expression "There is no I in team"? It's a bad slogan. It is a bunch of "I"s that make up a team. If individusals didn't count for something, than where's the desire, motivation, rewards for trying, etc.? Why bother. IfI am not important as an individual, if I am only one small cog in a big wheel - as unfortunately many people believe themselves to be - why bother - why try - why not just go through the motions?

It is our individuality, our egos, our desires to succeed and to be curious and to find and try new things that motivates us to be creative and to perform well.

There are many "I"s working cooperatively in a great team.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home