Redefining Your Professional Brand
As I mentioned previously, I have been doing a series of workshops for ProMatch – a wonderful organization that helps people out of work re-define themselves and find their next job.
In a few weeks I will be conducting another workshop for them, this one helping people define and refine their brand. In my opinion, your brand is far more than your elevator pitch.
· Knowing your strengths, skills, accomplishments, interests and where they meet with the current job market;
· Understanding where you position yourself, horizontally and vertically;
· How to articulate all of that in an interesting and cogent manner;
· Your resume, cover letter, business cards, and other marketing materials, and
· Most of all: Your image – how you sound, look, dress and behave.
It’s hard when you are out of work to think about yourself positively. I hope to re-energize and remind the participants in this workshop how fabulous they really are.
I am so tired of hearing poorly trained career counselors dumb everyone down.