ArLyne's Diamonds

A running commentary of ideas

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What's the question?

Tonight I had fun with my Quality and Performance Excellence class. I gave them some exercises to do and had to laugh when they spent time doing far more than the question I posed. This happened with all 15 people in two different exercises.

I reminded them that in all things you need to listen to the question and answer thequestion being asked. This is also the advice I gave when coaching and training people to testify in court.

Whether testifying, answering teat questions, or being a consultant - listen to the question and answer what the other person needs to know. Don't feel as though you have to educate them and tell them everything you ever knew about the subject.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home